And here it is, the final result. Wow so much time, thought, care, and love has gone into making this film. PLEASE watch it multiple times and look for the little details I spent so many late nights tweaking. Every time I work on a project like this it makes me appreciate the medium so much more. So much effort gets put into something fleeting. Hours of work on an element that you’d miss if you blink. This video must’ve taken me at least 40 hours to make… for 2 minutes to show. Hope it’s appreciated!
In the project brief it said we had to use greenscreen. I wanted to challenge myself to think of inventive ways to use keying. So the first way (as I talked about previously) was to spin some fruits on wire. But I figured another cool way to use it. I was lucky enough to get a totally clear blue sky one day so I was able to key out the blue sky and change the forecast.
Then I dropped in these clouds.
Of course, I had to motion track them in place. For this scene I used a fire hidrant and a tale light from a truck as tracker points. Then did some smooth transitions between the two forecasts.
Here’s an example of the anal details I like to put into my videos. As I’m leaving the house there’s a fun little lens flair that I put in.
Even though I didn’t get around to doing the special effects for the long version of my idea. I still was able to use some footage in clever places. Here I used the greenscreen footage of Larissa as a profile pic for a message.
For the fruit drawer part I used the green screen. I spun an apple and an orange from fishing wire. I then used time remapping to speed up and slow down the spin, as well as a fast-blur to make it look nice.
Using Keylight (1.2). Looks perfect!